I knew we were going somewhere when they packed the suitcases. We drove for a very long time so I took a nap. Everyone piled out of the car with hugs and kisses and then I met Grandma and Grandpa. I was very excited and jumped a little but I could tell these new people liked me. Mom kept me on a short leash while I checked out the whole house and then they hooked me on a long leash so I could keep an eye on everyone.
I'm hanging out chewing on a bully stick.
They all went out to eat while I took a nap in the travel crate. They brought it along because next time we will stay over night.  I like visiting.
Rocky and his favorite cuddle toy.
After about four hours mom and dad took me home - without the girls! I was kinda confused at how quiet it was back at home, but mom played with me and took me to parks to keep me busy.  The next week-end they packed the car again. 
I have my pillow and favorite toys. We are going somewhere!
We drove a long time and stopped at the very same gas station where I did my biz last week when we traveled this way. I recognized my spot and wasn't bothered by the trucks, RVs and all the new people with their cars.  When we arrived, I remembered Grandma and Grandpa and didn't jump so much. Mostly,  I was really happy to see my girls! Little girl hugged me and covered me in kisses. She missed me very much.  I came into their house and everyone said I was a very good dog. I didn't need to explore this time and just relaxed while tied to my long leash. Grandma feed me treats every time she went by so I didn't jump on her so much. Some aunts and uncles came and they hooked me to a short cable while they had a big dinner party. I like it here - they give me yummy chews all through the meal.  I was really tired because the people stayed up later than my usual bedtime so I went right to sleep.

The next day I woke up at 7:00 a.m. and barked because I wasn't sure where I was. Mom came right away and then I felt better. Little girl was there too! After breakfast the girls, mom, Grandma  and I went to the playground at mom's old elementary school and then we went for a drive. I got to meet a horse at uncle's farm!  It didn't pay much attention to me though.
Hi horse, do you want to play with me?
Uncle's farm
They put me on a 50 foot leash while the girls went to visit the barns and ride a pony.  I barked a little when they walked away without me, but then entertained myself by chasing the cats that teased me by staying just out of reach. Uncle and Auntie thought it was funny that I wasn't allowed to roam free, but mom explained I'm not very good at recall and would probably go on an adventure and get lost.  They said next year when I come I might be ready for an off leash visit.

We went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house and had lunch. Then the car got packed with suitcases and Grandma gave me a pat and some good-bye treats.  We drove for a long time, but I was very relaxed.  I am really happy to have my girls back and have been keeping a good eye on little girl since we got home.

Leave a Reply.