Every day starting this week I go along to drop off and pick up big sis from her summer orchestra program. Little sis hangs on to her short leash as we walk into the school, up some stairs, past a gym where kids play basketball and to a room down the hall. The first day this school was new so I was looking around quite a bit. The second day mom forgot to let me pee before we went in to drop her off  and I had a terrible time concentrating, but I was able to hold it until we got back outside. She promised me that won't happen again! Today was the third day and I did awesome. Mom and little sis took me all around the building since I was doing so well today. I watched the basketball players, walked past the tall kids on break from driver's training and sat every time mom asked me to. 
After we dropped big sis off, mom and little sis went shopping at Target. I did a super job paying attention and being helpful. Mom and I have practiced walking and turning corners with a cart all winter, so now little sis is learning to listen to mom when she says stop, back-up or turn. After we checked out, mom said there was about 20 minutes before we had to pick up big sis. Little sis went crazy with excitement when mom suggested getting a snack at the nearby Burger King. They have gluten free french fries on their menu. I had never been in a restaurant like that before and little sis had lots to learn about where to stand in line, where to pick up food, get napkins and how to fill a ketchup cup. I sat every time mom stopped and laid down at the drink station right on cue. We choose a table and I went right under it and laid down like mom asked. She was so impressed!  We only stayed a short time. Little sis almost stepped on my tail that was hanging out from under the table when mom instructed her on how to bus her tray. I immediately tucked both my legs and tail at the tickly touch. Mom can't wait to tell trainer Lynnda about that as it is on my public access test. 
After picking up big sis from summer school, we went home so the girls could have lunch. Mom took me to play at the indoor park for a hour after that. And then, we all went to the library. I'd been there a couple of times, but hadn't been there with little sis since winter break. So Mom and I followed her around as she did a library scavenger hunt. The only time I lost concentration was when two young boys ran right in front of us several times as they played tag. But a grown-up soon told them to stop and I could focus again.  It was not very busy, so before we left mom asked little sis to hide so I could find her. I trotted right down the stacks and found her in the corner. Mom said once was enough today and we went home. Just a few months before I came to live with them little sis went missing in this library. Her sensory system became overwhelmed and in a flash had hidden under the librarian's desk, just three feet from where mom was checking out books. She didn't even hear the security people and family looking for her and was found curled up in a ball humming to herself. Little sis doesn't remember but the rest of the family does, so every day we play "find her".
So I'm off to take a long nap. I have so much to think about! :)
Mom and dad are remodeling the kitchen. They worked hard last week tearing out the old cabinets and getting ready for the drywall and cabinet installers. The first day I was pretty spooked and hung out on the couch. But by the second day I was used to the noise and felt more relaxed. They bought me a bunch of bones to chew on. They have me going outside from a different door and everyone eats on the porch now. They feed me in the hall by my crate and get water from the bathroom. There is a plastic wall to contain the dust. I can see it just fine and haven't touched it, but the cats have punched a hole in it a couple of times! Silly cats. When workers come, mom puts me on a leash and as long as I mind my manners I get to meet everyone once. I'm getting really good at sitting and watching instead of jumping on the folks after the first minute or two. I am learning they are not here to play with me and just want to do their job.
Kitchen remodel
Schedules have changed now that the bus doesn't pick up the girls in the morning. Mom sleeps in till 7:30 now and I am learning to lay at the end of the bed until the alarm goes off. Sometimes I do an army crawl and creep up to put my head on her chest, thinking she will feed me sooner. That makes her laugh, but she insists that I don't get to set the get out of bed time.  We don't walk to the bus anymore, but I do get to play with the girls  a lot more. It was hot last week and they brought out a wading pool. Little sis and I had a blast splashing and playing together in the pool. 
Mom scheduled a bunch of Dr. and therapist visits for this first week. I didn't get to come along though, mom isn't sure I am ready to sit patiently for a whole hour in a waiting room. Both girls have occupational or physical therapy visits once a week for the rest of the summer.
So the schedules have changed, but I'm handling it very well. I'm learning to be a go with the flow kinda guy!